Monday 30 December 2013

Tomorrow it begins......

Hope Everyone had a very Merry Christmas, and Santa was very kind to you all. Santa was very kind to us here. He gave me a digital photo frame, and a new kitchen appliance. and I got a book from my Daughter with inspirational stories and recipes for weight loss. Santa also gave us as a family and day trip to Luna park, to be had in January.

Well tomorrow is the day, the 1st day of 2014, and the first day of getting our lives back on track. I've spent the last few weeks getting myself sorted out. But for me this challenge is more than just saving money, its about saving my family. so we've been setting new routines in place, and new family rules. One of which is no more swearing, and the punishment for swearing is 5 push ups. needless to say, 2 kids have already been doing several sets of push ups. my either going to have the best behaved kids, or very fit kids by the end of it all :)

So I've been very busy preparing, and one of the things I did was to purchase a dehydrator (for my birthday) so I can use it for preserving foods. here are some photos of my first efforts.



didn't get any photos of the finished products, as they didn't last that long. This investment will be a great help, especially if I get some great deals on fruit.

Another project I tackled this week was my sewing centre. I'm going to be doing a lot more crafts and sewing this year and I wanted easier access to my machines and bits and pieces,  and I don't have a room that I can dedicate to it. so I have made this.


The cupboard is an old microwave cupboard that someone was going to through away, and when they seen that I was looking for one they gave it to me. it still needs a little more organising, but its already in use. it has wheels, so its currently in my lounge, and when I need the space it can be hidden in my wardrobe.

Another challenge I will be achieving this coming year is finally getting myself healthy and at my goal weight. cant wait to start this challenge, and thanks to a new friend I will be getting help  to achieve this goal. if your in the Pakenham or surrounding areas you should check these guys out. such mice people. http://www.facebook.com/pappysfitness

well I best be going, what to make a running start into tomorrow, so I want a fresh clean slate. So I will be giving the house a huge clean today and finishing putting away all the Christmas lights and Decorations. I love decorating outside, but it takes for ever to pull them down and put them away properly.

Happy New Year everyone. Hope you have a beautiful night filled with lots of fun, food and great friends. Be safe and hope you have a wonderful year in 2014 see you all next year xxxx

3 comments:

  1. I'll be following your journey with interest Salli. I'm wondering if your dehydrator is an Aldi Lumina brand? I saw them there recently and kind of wished I'd bought one. I just wasn't sure how good they were but Aldi are excellent for refunds if they don't work well.

    Good luck and Happy No Spend Year 2014!
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it was from Aldi. was $40. its works brilliantly. a little disappointed that it didn't come with the flat mat to be able to make my own fruit roll ups. but ill find away to get round that.

    I hope you can get some useful tips and ideas from me. thanks you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great price Salli! I wonder if those flat mats I see people use on a BBQ plate would work?

    ReplyDelete